420th.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server Status
Toronto / New York
London (UTC - ZULU)
Brussels
Helsinki

The next new guy....

5 posters

Go down

The next new guy.... Empty The next new guy....

Post by shockman 2013-03-14, 10:06 pm

Hi, I'm Chris, alias shockman.
I recently found this squad through an invite to check it out from Ram in the benchmark sim forums. After meeting up with some of the guys on TS and bs'n a bit, they invited me to fly a couple of simple missions in MP. It was a great time. It was the first time in years that I had flown in MP with Falcon, and it was like travelling back in time for me.
Of course I made a big impression as "the newbie", While into the first mission, I discovered that I had used the space bar as my push to talk button in TS, so that everytime I talked, I was firing off missles and what-not, then asking who was shooting at me lol. I didn't fare well in either mission flightwise either, and my lack of experience really shone through in the skys over Korea ( Kim Jong-un is probably still laughing). I did make the targets ok and was able to drop a few, it was that I just had a small fuel problem getting home.
But the guys were awesome about it, very patient, and great instructors. They got me up to some sort of speed with the basics right away, and I was able to follow along and not get shot down thanks to their protection and advice. For the most part I don't think I hampered the mission too much, but I'm sure if we lived in the same town, I would of been buying the beers and steaks that night.
Anyways this is way to long for an intro, so I'll end this by saying what I started out to say which is thanks for the flight and the fight tips the other night.There is no better way to learn this sim than by flying with experienced pilots.
And also if its ok, I'd like to do that again real soon, Thats the most fun I had on my computer in a while.
Take care all,
Shockman
shockman
shockman

Back to top Go down

The next new guy.... Empty Re: The next new guy....

Post by JBlaze 2013-03-14, 10:34 pm

Welcome to the group

And don't worry about Kim Jong-un. We'll wipe that smile off of his face sooner or later LOL
JBlaze
JBlaze

Back to top Go down

Post by shockman 2013-03-14, 11:54 pm

And I hope I get to be a part of that..... clown
shockman
shockman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mud 2013-03-15, 2:47 am

Hey Chris and welcome!

I think we briefly met each other on TS last Tuesday. I haven't flown in 3 weeks now, but I'll be in the air this weekend I hope.

Anyway, looking forward to flying with you!

Kris
Mud
Mud

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequin 2013-03-15, 8:56 am

Welcome Chris the shockman!

Yeah, the "spacebar fiasco" the other night was hilarious. I thought your first flights went really well and i'm sure that things will come back to you quickly. Like riding a bike... kind of.

Sure wish i lived in vancouver... steaks and beers sound pretty damned good! Very Happy
Harlequin
Harlequin

http://www.420th.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ram22 2013-03-15, 11:09 am

YEAH, I'm up for steaks and beers, lol

The guys said you did just fine but noted that overall things went a little awry, but hell, that happens all the time.

The spacebar thing, not a biggie, I originally mapped my eject to my flight stick and that also was not a good thing. I never ejected accidentally, it's just that I wasted mapping it and it took a bit of work to remove the map. Couldn't do it through the game, I had to reset the entire joystick to get it off. So shit happens.

But I did laugh when you told me yesterday that when you seen those missile wizing by you, you were wondering who the hell was firing at you, that was funny as heck.

I haven't flown with you but have BS'd a bit. Glad you came over to meet us all.

I can honestly say, this group of guys is wonderful, we've known each other for some time and I wouldn't ever fly regularly with anyone else. I Love it here at the 420th, just my speed, lol

Looking forward to getting in the sky with you, but lately things haven't gone the way I thought they would once I moved in with my GF and her daughters. I'm sure it won't be long til I get to fly a little more than I have over the past month and I look forward to it.

Brian
ram22
ram22

Back to top Go down

Post by shockman 2013-03-15, 10:18 pm

Thanks all, The casual banter is great here, I'm happy to see such a great sense of humor in the squad too. I'm sure I'll be giving plenty of laughs out as I get up to speed lol. Just don't move to Vancouver just yet, I need to buy a new controller before I go buying steaks and beers.
I was looking at the saitek x52 pro. Any other suggestions?

Chris
shockman
shockman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequin 2013-03-15, 10:37 pm

JB and Spaz both use the x52. I use CH gear myself. Quite happy with it, although i bought mine used and they're showing some wear-and-tear. The CH Fighterstick is a replica of the F-16 stick, which is nice, but it doesn't have the extra dials that the x52 has. Can't beat the price of the x52 either...
Harlequin
Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by JBlaze 2013-03-16, 1:07 pm

mine's the original version of the X52. You can have it setup like the real F16 hotas.
I would like to make my stick a lot stiffer, but that's pretty much the only complaint I have with it.... oh and of course it's UGLY.
JBlaze
JBlaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequin 2013-03-16, 2:38 pm

JBlaze wrote:I would like to make my stick a lot stiffer

I bet! Business has been slow lately?? Very Happy
Harlequin
Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by ram22 2013-03-16, 2:44 pm

Harlequin wrote:
JBlaze wrote:I would like to make my stick a lot stiffer

I bet! Business has been slow lately?? Very Happy

LMAO!!!

Yeah, JB needs a WOMAN....NOW, haha

Brian
ram22
ram22

Back to top Go down

Post by JBlaze 2013-03-16, 4:33 pm

LOL I knew someone would pick on that...

JBlaze
JBlaze

Back to top Go down

Post by shockman 2013-03-18, 1:14 am

And theres always mailorder bride .com
shockman
shockman

Back to top Go down

Post by ram22 2013-03-18, 8:03 am

shockman wrote:And theres always mailorder bride .com

LOL, he may be resorting to that SOON!!! Razz

Brian
ram22
ram22

Back to top Go down

Post by JBlaze 2013-03-18, 1:10 pm

Do you get to choose the origin of the bride? LOL
JBlaze
JBlaze

Back to top Go down

Post by shockman 2013-03-18, 5:00 pm

Yes, any country or planet*
shockman
shockman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum