420th.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server Status
Toronto / New York
London (UTC - ZULU)
Brussels
Helsinki

Frustrating time on SEAD

5 posters

Go down

Frustrating time on SEAD Empty Frustrating time on SEAD

Post by ClarkKAUS 2012-07-28, 6:02 pm

Hit every sort of BMS bug trying to just do my campaign SEAD mission.

1 if you have an AGM88 selected, the TGP will not slave to FCR
2 if you hold down the pickle too early (like more than 2 seconds early) CCRP will not drop the bomb - you pretty much have to pickle right when the cue is on the FPM
3 large buildings don't appear on the FCR/TGP until 14nm range, so much for reference visuals
4 vehicles (my assigned targets) don't appear on FCR/TGP until 11nm range (given that my briefing doesn't show where they are, this makes it really hard to find them)

Very unhappy camper. Mad Mad Mad

I can overcome all of these with proper planning now that I know these problems but its so frustrating that its taken me twenty replays to hack RL tactics into line with the f'ing simulation bugs...

Clark

ClarkKAUS

Back to top Go down

Frustrating time on SEAD Empty Re: Frustrating time on SEAD

Post by JBlaze 2012-07-28, 7:32 pm

1. Never noticed. Can't find a reason to use TGP with AMG88's
2. I always press and hold the pickle when the timer hits 2 seconds. Worked so far
3. Too drunk to remember
4. I think the Intel doesn't know where the target is exactly, just an area. Or they may have moved since last intel update.

I know it's sometimes frustrating. I usually take a break for a couple of days from Falcon when it gets too frustrating.
And SEAD missions are hard. Sometimes your assigned target doesn't even "show up" when you fly by. Mission failed
JBlaze
JBlaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequin 2012-07-28, 7:49 pm

IIRC, the 14nm and 11nm thing has to do with deaggregation of units within the "bubble". It's a limitation within the Falcon4 code/ computing power. If the bubble was any bigger... RAMs computer would catch fire!!

+1 for taking a break when frustrated. My recent frustrations have resulted in reduced SA, complacency, a friendly kill (yup, shot down spaz last night... Sad), a crash landing in normal winds... my worst stretch in falcon EVER. I'm thinking some TEs might be in order to get "back on the horse".
Harlequin
Harlequin

http://www.420th.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ram22 2012-07-28, 7:55 pm

Damn, Spaz too!!! JB, ty, watch yourselves, LOL
ram22
ram22

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequin 2012-07-28, 8:09 pm

No shit. Busted back down to 2nd LT. Sad

Was my bad, but at least i didn't have him locked. I fired on a 21 that was on spaz's 6. He broke right... i saw my missile start to move right, then it suddenly went WAY left and struck spaz. Spaz was too close and i didn't realize... i shouldn't have fired. My kills on RAM and Tyox were WAY worse for sure as i locked them both up. Spaz ended up just as dead though.

Does this count as a victory towards my lifetime dogfights with spaz? Ban Me
Harlequin
Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf 2012-07-28, 8:35 pm

Hey Harley,
It`s not your fault Spaz flew in front of your missile lol. I suggest Phase B of Spaz`s Training course!

Rock On

Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by JBlaze 2012-07-28, 8:37 pm

What I tho you get promoted when you shoot down one of ya own?
Never launch Radar missile if frendlis close by
JBlaze
JBlaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequin 2012-07-28, 9:18 pm

I didn't notice that he was that close. I was too fixated on the target. Again, my bad.

LOL wolf! Smile
Harlequin
Harlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by ClarkKAUS 2012-07-29, 12:05 am

JBlaze wrote:1. Never noticed. Can't find a reason to use TGP with AMG88's

The 88's were for clearing the corridor on the way in. The TGP is to find the unmarked target vehicles for the attack.

Anyway, the new plan is to try LGBs or Mavs and not bother searching with the TGP until I get within 12 miles. Shouldn't be hard now that the mysteries of the "invisible targets" and the unresponsive TGP are solved. Although 12m doesn't leave much time to designate for the wingman and myself.

ClarkKAUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down